Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Topic

       
The topic I selected for my blog is The History of Skiing. I decided to chose this topic because I love the sport of skiing and I would like to learn more about it. I hope to increase everybody’s knowledge, including mine, about the history of skiing. I have skied for about 10 years and have seen the sport evolve in my lifetime. Skis have evolved from bones of large animals to a carbon fiber center with a metal base. That’s just the equipment; the sport has evolved a lot more than just the skis. The first skis were used for hunting, traveling, military maneuvers, and transportation.

2 comments:

  1. Scott, from what little I know about skiing, I know that freestyle skiing is such an exciting sport; a bit crazy but very exciting! Recently, I saw several North Face advertisements showing videos of some freestyle skiing. It looks so dangerous! Your parents must be so nervous when you’re out there! How long have you been competing in this sport? You mentioned that you belong to a ski team. Is that the DS ski team or a different team? Is freestyle skiing similar to extreme skiing? You’re off to a great start with your blog; I’m looking forward to returning soon to read (and learn) more! Mrs. A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently North Face has been advertising freestyle ski commercials to advertise for jackets and snowpants. Im not that good at freestyle skiing and probably never will be but I still ski for the fun of it. I have been competeing in competitions for about 4 years on a ski team not part of Dover-Sherborn. I also belong to the Dover-Sherborn race team. There also are many types of extreme skiing including freestyle skiing.

    ReplyDelete